Ramadan is a time when consumers become more active online and when brands can connect with consumers through creative digital campaigns.
In 2015, there were more than 51 million Ramadan related tweets, while Facebook registered 47.6 million posts about Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. These figures show the popularity of social and digital media during the Holy Month.
With this in mind, Meltwater MENA has released an infographic that helps companies understand the online usage patterns of consumers during Ramadan. “These are practical tips to create successful Ramadan social media campaigns. The infographic was developed based on different sources including a webinar Meltwater hosted with Coca-Cola Egypt on social media management during Ramadan,” said Farah Souhail, Marketing Manager, Meltwater MENA.
Few of the key findings highlighted in the Infographic include:
1. During Ramadan positive sentiments increase by 25 percent
2. 70 percent of youth expect content to be entertaining and informative
3. Focus your communications on the values and spirit of Ramadan
4. Launch interactive competitions
5. Post Iftar is a great time to push content and engage with customers