OPPO declared a new flash charge line-up of four products, marking the latest flash charge technological breakthrough. The line-up includes the 125W flash charge, the 65W AirVOOC wireless flash charge, the ultra-small portable 50W mini SuperVOOC charger as well as the 110W mini flash charger. These new products offer a unique and unprecedented charging experience for the 5G Network.
“The accelerated 5G Network rollout worldwide as well as the increasing diversification of high power consumption applications including gaming and video viewing represent new challenges for the battery life of mobile phones and user charging experience. OPPO has been leading the development of fast charging ever since VOOC flash charge was launched in 2014. Now, we are committed to continuing to build on our expertise and advantages in the field of high power, wireless and ultra-small charging technologies in order to provide users with a safe, efficient and convenient ultra-fast charging experience,” noted Jeff Zhang, Chief Charging Technology Scientist at OPPO.
125W flash charge
• Full charge in 20 minutes: It uses direct charging technology which can charge a 4000mAh battery to 41% in five minutes and fully charge in 20 minutes at the fastest rate
• Advanced flash charging technology in the industry: it is also compatible with previous SuperVOOC and VOOC flash charge protocols
• Same compact size: It has undergone a comprehensive hardware architecture upgrade to effectively reduce charging time whilst not increasing the size of the charger
• Enhanced safety: The technology behind the 125W flash charge has strengthened the safety protection features in the system by adding 10 additional temperature sensors
65W AirVOOC wireless flash charge
• Hassle-free, convenient charging: It adopts self-developed isolated charge pump technology and parallel dual-coil design to increase wireless charging efficiency for charging with no wires
• Full charge in 30 minutes
• Conceptual wireless charger showcased
• No risk of overheating: Charger is equipped with a semiconductor cooler to adjust the heat entering and exiting ensuring that the handset is not hot after the appliance has been charged.
50W mini SuperVOOC charger and 110W mini flash charger
• High-power ultra-small charger for on the go: with the size of a business card holder it can charge a variety of devices including mobile phones and laptops, making it extremely convenient for commuting and traveling
• Introducing pulse charging: Aviation grade high power clamping diodes and GaN high frequency switching power supply technology, to achieve miniaturization of high power chargers.
• Defying the limits of size and efficiency for high-power adapters
• Built for the era of intelligent connectivity
Ethan Xue, President of OPPO Middle East and Africa commented, “Latest research shows that the adoption 5G Network will reach more than 45m in the Middle East and North Africa region in 2025. We are confident that our new suite of products answers to the region’s preference for high power app usage, delivering a solution that enhances user experience, portability and speed, relegating challenges around battery life to a bygone era. With demand growing for mobile flash charging in the era of intelligent connectivity, OPPO will continue to improve and upgrade the VOOC flash charging platforms and develop technologies.”
As of June 2020, OPPO has applied for more than 2,800 global patents for flash charging. The firm’s 30 plus smartphone models featuring VOOC flash charge technology are said to deliver the ultra-fast charging experience to over 157 million users globally.