WARC has released an insights report examining current effective marketing trends following an analysis of the winning case studies from the 2020 IPA Effectiveness Awards.
“In these tough times, justifying marketing spend to the boardroom is more vital than ever. Which is where the Effectiveness Awards play a vital role in winning such an accolade, these agencies and clients have demonstrated robust proof of the payback and power of their marketing communications. We are therefore delighted to team up with WARC to showcase the lessons from the 2020 winning case studies to elevate industry learning and fuel future effectiveness,” stated Kay Heenan, Marketing Manager, Effectiveness, IPA.
The key insights from the winning campaigns of the 2020 IPA Effectiveness Awards uncovered were:
1. Both short and long term activations can sustain the brand and deliver gains
2. Challenger thinking is being adopted by brands of different shapes and sizes
3. Consistency is key to long term brand growth
4. Robust data to facilitate decision making
5. Distinctive assets can work harder for brands
6. Best practice is relative to factors such as brand size, audience and goals
Chiara Manco, Commissioning Editor, Case Studies, WARC commented, “We’ve analyzed the metadata of the winning entries to establish themes and trends to help advertisers, agencies and media owners have a more in-depth understanding of what typifies effective advertising. Included in the report are many winning cases studies showcasing short- and long-term activations that build a brand or deliver short-term goals, both of which will help marketers rise to current challenges.”