Warc has named the judging panel of the Effective Channel Integration category for the Warc Media Awards 2019, a global awards scheme that rewards communications planning which has made a positive impact on business results.
Now in its fourth year, this case study competition examines the insight, strategy and analytics that power effective media investment. From the region, Islam ElDessouky, Head of Integrated Marketing Communications & Content Marketing, Coca-Cola Middle East is part of the jury.
The jury also comprises Harjot Singh, Chief Strategy Officer, McCann Worldgroup EMEA.
The Effective Channel Integration jury will look for how sophisticated communications architecture helped boost campaign effectiveness.
The jury of 15 is made up of both marketer-side and agency-side senior industry executives. It will be chaired by Americo Campos Silva, Global Head of Integrated Brand & Communications, Shell.
Commenting on the judging process, jury chair Mr Silva said, “The Warc Media Awards recognize the excellence in comms planning. To decide ‘where we want to be’ before deciding ‘what we want to say’ in there is critical today. What’s more, it allows us to maximize the impact of the context, potentially powering the impact of that touchpoint to a new level. It’s that level of excellence we will be looking for.”
The Warc Media Awards are free to enter. Papers submitted as effectiveness case studies are welcomed from any territory and communications discipline.
The winners of the Grands Prix and Special Awards across all four categories – Effective Channel Integration, Effective Use of Tech, Best Use of Data, and Effective Use of Partnerships & Sponsorships – will share a prize fund of USD 40,000.
The Special Awards in the Effective Channel Integration category will be awarded for:
• Path-to-Purchase Award: How a campaign built an effective integration model around shopper or path-to-purchase insight.
• Effective Cross-Channel Measurement Award: For a campaign that most accurately measured the effectiveness of different communication channels and the halo effect that they achieved together.
• The POE Award: How a strategy successfully linked paid, owned and earned media.
The other jurors in the Channel Integration category include:
• Tejas Apte, Global Media Director, Unilever
• Qaiser Bachani, Global Director, Programmatic & Search, Bayer
• James Boardman, Strategy Head, Bohemia
• Geoff de Burca, Managing Partner, Head of Strategy, MediaCom
• Emily Fairhead-Keen, Group Strategy Director, MEC
• James Hidden, Managing Director, Ogilvy Chicago
• Sophie Lewis, Chief Strategy Officer, VMLY&R
• Terence Ling, Head of Planning, TBWA Hong Kong
• Allan McLaughlin, CEO, BDNetwork
• Sophy Part, Business Director, OMD
• Denis Sison, Head of Marketing Excellence, J&J
• James Smyllie, Vice President, Media Planning, APAC, Essence
The closing date for entries is September 19, 2019.